Pages


Food: Buvette, NYC

Sunday 10 May 2015







 42 Grove St,
 New York,
 NY 10014,
 United States




Another snippet from our trip to the big apple! We ventured to West Village to a little place we'd heard of called Buvette. This quaint little building was unfortunately covered by scaffolding when we arrived but a lovely plot nonetheless. The maître d  took our names and wrote it in chalk on the door frame whilst we waited outside in the glorious sunshine for a table. We only waited about 5-10 minutes, do dramas. The inside is quite small as are the tables, cutlery and just about everything else, but very cosy, there was a very French atmosphere that I really digged.

We both grabbed latte's that tasted pretty damn good compared to a lot of the coffee we'd had on our trip (sort it out NY!). I opted for the Croque Madame, which was a first for me and Georgia went for the fresh waffle and berries. I have to say, I'm a HUGE breakfast guy, maybe working at The Breakfast Club has done that to me, and my Croque Madame was honestly one of the nicest things I've ever eaten. I could not have been more impressed. Georgia was slightly more underwhelmed by her waffle, as it was fairly plain and a bit pricey for what it actually came to, although I am a fan of quality over quantity. The price was definitely something to consider, with the waffle at $16 and madame at $17, which I was happy to pay.

The service was great inside and regardless of the queue of people outside we were not rushed in the slightest to leave, although we were given our bill without asking, something I'm going to come to in a blog post soon on my general dining experiences in NY. I would recommend going here even if it's a bit of a travel from where you are staying, I'm certain it will not disappoint.



JIM


Instagram/Twitter: @whatjamesate

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment