Pages


Food: Reds True Barbecue

Wednesday 9 September 2015






Red's True BBQ
54-56 Great Eastern St,
Shoreditch,
London,
EC2A 3QR

After establishing a stronghold t'up north, boss's of BBQ have opened up in Shoreditch, London! I've wanted to try this place since they had a little pop up and opened up this super cool looking restaurant. Since my first visit a couple of weeks ago I've been back twice and it's been awesome every time! The decor is really cool, very rustic and warm. The downstairs bar area is set out like an old wood cabin with red drapes down the walls in the hallways.

Anyway onto the important stuff, BBQ! I have to admit I found the menu a little bit confusing to begin with, a bit long and I was scared I'd miss out on something amazing, although the super friendly and helpful staff immediately offered to explain it to me. We ended up going for the "Beef Long", which comes in a medium, large or extra large. We also opted for the burnt ends and hot wings. The Beef Long is perhaps the nicest bit of BBQ I've ever had, the flavour and tenderness of the meat was unmatched (I've had it every time so far). The burnt ends also lived up to the hype and had a much more smokey flavour than a lot of burnt ends you get at smokehouses that just taste a bit like roast beef!

Now let me tell you about the wings. When waiting staff usually ask if I'm sure I want the hot wings as they are really hot I always go for the hottest spice as it usually isn't THAT hot. I kind of regretted that at Reds. Who knows, perhaps I just got a particularly spicy batch, but daym those wings were hot! For pudding I had a peach, pecan and salted caramel cobbler with pecan ice cream. This was mouth watering and so tasty, I could maybe of eaten two.

As well as great food, It's almost worth the visit just for the great atmosphere and amazing service. The staff are truly lovely and very welcoming. We visited last night and the manager remembered us from our first visit, and one of the other members of staff remembered our friends from a time before which was lovely! He then took us to see the smokers (smelt ridiculously nice) and gave us a bunch of free meat marinates. 

Every time I've been the food, atmosphere and service has really been amazing. For somebody who works in the industry and can't help but judge every aspect of going out for food this takes a lot for me to say. If you're into your BBQ and meat you simply must check this place out

JIM


Instagram/Twitter: @whatjamesate

Leave a Comment

  1. Hi James! I really like reading your blog and wanted to ask you a question via email. Could you let me know where to reach you? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete